Please check to make sure you entered the address correctly.
Protecting your privacy
- We don’t run pop ups, pop unders, or any other kind of intrusive ads.
- We don’t share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
- We don’t engage in cross-marketing or link-referral programs with other sites.
- We don’t send you unsolicited communications for marketing purposes.
- We offer email anonymization & relay, to reduce 3rd party harvesting & spam.
- Account information is password-protected. Keep your password safe.
- Forums use basic webserver authentication. Close your browser to log out.
- Coastsider, or people who post on Coastsider, may provide links to third party websites, which may have different privacy practices. We are not responsible for, nor have any control over, the privacy policies of those third party websites, and encourage all users to read the privacy policies of each and every website visited.
Data we collect
- We sometimes collect your email address, for purposes such as sending confirmation emails, authenticating user accounts, providing subscription email services, registering for forums, etc.
Coastsider does not store credit card information.
- We may collect personal information if you provide it in feedback or comments, post it on our classifieds or interactive forums, or if you contact us directly. Please do not post any personal information on Coastsider’s forums or classifieds that you expect to keep private.
- Our web logs collect standard web log entries for each page served, including your IP address, page URL, and timestamp. Web logs help us to diagnose problems with our server, to administer the Coastsider site, and to otherwise provide our service to you.
Data we store
- All classified and forum postings are stored in our database, even after “deletion,” and may be archived elsewhere.
- Our web logs and other records are stored indefinitely.
- Registered job posters can access and update their account information.
- Although we make good faith efforts to store the information in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
Archiving and display of Coastsider postings by search engines and other sites
Search engines and other sites not affiliated with Coastsider - including archive.org, google.com, andgroups.yahoo.com - archive or otherwise make available Coastsider postings.
Circumstances in which Coastsider may release information
- Coastsider may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
By visiting our web site and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that due to the international dimension of Coastsider we may use the data collected in the course of our relationship for the purposes identified in this policy or in our other communications with you, including the transmission of information outside your resident jurisdiction. In addition, please understand that such data may be stored on servers located in the United States. By providing us with your data, you consent to the transfer of such data.
We welcome your feedback on this document.
What is Coastsider?
Coastsider is a community Web site for coastal San Mateo County.
We encourage readers to post stories that they have a personal interest in, whether they think they can add something new to the conversation, or want to ask question. Other readers can comment or answer questions.
You need to be registered member to post stories or comments. There is no charge or any other requirements for membership, except for a valid email address and your real name.
Who’s behind Coastsider?
Coastsider was created by Barry Parr, who lives and works at home in Montara.
Barry was one of the architects of the San Jose Mercury News and News.com websites. Barry also writes the media weblog MediaSavvy. His goal was to apply what he has learned about building news sites to the coastside community. He’s currently a media analyst with a technology market research firm.
What are the rules on Coastsider?
How do I contact Coastsider?
You can address all comments and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
PO Box 0551
Montara, CA 94037
How do I create stories?
Register for membership using the link in the navigation bar. Enter your story using the “Post Letter” link at the top of the page. You only need to give us your name and a valid email address. We promise not to spam you or share your address.
Once you’re a member, you can comment on stories, or create your own.
Who owns the information posted on Coastsider?
You own your own words, but you give us permission to reproduce them. Coastsider is also covered by a Creative Commons license that gives others permission to reproduce our content as long as they give us credit. However, information and pictures that do not originate on Coastsider may have other licensing terms. Please inquire before reproducing.
What’s your editorial policy?
Coastsider is for everyone who cares about the coastside. We will review stories for consistency with or editorial policy. We will remove articles and comments that are spam, false, disrepectful, or illegal. We’ll use our best judgement, but it’s at our discretion.
As for our posters, we recommend writing about others the way you’d want them to write about you. Be respectful and fair.
By using Coastsider, you agree to the following terms of service. We’ve tried to make them as simple as possible, while protecting our rights and those of our users.
1. Coastsider has made available to the community a web site featuring news, bulletin boards, classifieds, advertising, and a lot of other information. This site is the property of Coastsider, and Coastsider may determine its own editorial policy for the site.
2. Anything you post on Coastsider is your responsibility.
4. Coastsider has sole discretion on interpreting these rules and determining compliance.
5. We can’t be responsible for the contents of any site that is linked from Coastsider.
6. You agree that you will treat other Coastsider readers with civility. You agree not to post content that is illegal, threatening, abusive, defamatory, pornographic, deceptive, false, misleading, or disruptive. These terms are defined at Coastsider’s discretion.
7. You agree not to send unsolicited commercial email to addresses on Coastsider or through our computers. You agree not to post advertising or commercial messages except in areas reserved for ads. The definition of advertising and commercial is at our discretion.
8. Coastsider can set limits on what you can do on our system, how much you can post to it, and how often you can use it. We can deactivate your account, block your address, or otherwise keep you off the system at our discretion. We don’t take any responsibility for information that is lost or deleted from the system.
9. You agree to accept responsibility for your dealings with other users and not to hold Coastsider responsible for the conduct of people you’ve met through our site.
10. You agree to give us the right to reproduce on Coastsider any content you post on the site. You agree for your postings to be covered by our Creative Commons License.
11. Please report any violations of the Terms, by flagging the posting(s) for review, or by emailing abuse[at]coastsider[dot]com. Our failure to act on a particular breach does not waive our right to act on subsequent or similar breaches.
12. We welcome your feedback on this document.
13. Coastsider may change these rules at any time.
Page 475 of 476 pages ‹ First < 473 474 475 476 >