CUSD to finalize cuts Weds, protests planned
NOTE: The CUSD board normally meets on Thursdays. This is the regular meeting that was originally scheduled for Thursday, March 11.
The Cabrillo Unified School District board of directors will meet Wednesday to finalize its layoff plans, among other agenda items, at its monthly meeting Wednesday, March 10 at 7pm in the Cunha Intermediate School library.
The agenda includes the following resolutions [pdf]:
- Second Interim Financial Report and Budget Revision for Fiscal Year 2009-2010.
- Enter into a CSBA Sponsored Tax and Revenue Anticipation Note Agreement for 2010-2011.
- Reduction and/or Discontinuation of Classified Positions.
- Decrease the Number of Certificated Employees.
- Criteria for Determining Order of Seniority for Employees with Same Date of First Paid Service.
A protest is planned for the meeting. Parents and interested commmunity members are asked to bring signs and wear pink to protest the cuts.
Signs and pink are also requested for a pink slip protest at HMB High School from 6:45 to 7:45am, at the base of the hill.