Half Moon Bay Beautification Committee awards over $100,000
The Half Moon Bay Beautification Committee today announced $104,000 in grants and donations to Coastside non-profit groups, educational organizations and municipal agencies. Funding comes from proceeds from the Art & Pumpkin Festival, which has been operated and managed by the Beautification Committee since 1971.
The largest single contribution ($25,000) went to the on-going maintenance and beautification of the Main Street downtown core. Among the efforts are seasonal planting of flowers, installation and repair of old-fashioned wooden benches, litter removal, cleaning, and year-round maintenance of Main Street. In its 36-year history, the Beautification Committee has directly contributed more than $2.3 million dollars to coastside non-profit organizations and civic causes.
CLICK below for a list of recipients.
Organizations receiving funding include
- Coastal Repertory Theater—$12,000
- San Mateo County Sheriff Explorers Program—$5,760
- I.D.E.S. Society—$5,000
- City of Half Moon Bay Parks and Recreation Department—$3,400 for recreation programs
- Coastside Medical and Dental Clinic—$3,300 for computer equipment
- Half Moon Bay Fire Protection District—$3,200 for CPR program and materials
- City of Half Moon Bay—$3,000 for a tree trimmer
- Coastside Adult Day Health Center—$3,000 for caregiver support program
- Senior Coastsiders—$3,000 for nutrition program
- Half Moon Bay Little League—$3,000 for improvements to Smith Field
- Coastal Arts League—$2,500 for Pumpkin Festival poster design contest
- Half Moon Bay High School Grad Night—$2,500
- Seton Medical Center—$2,500 for kitchen supplies)ß
- Coastside Infant Toddler Center—$2,500 for new floors
- Boys & Girls Club of the Coastside—$2,500 for facility repairs and upgrades
- Agricultural Clean Water Initiative Foundation—$2,500
- Coastside Family Medical Center—$1,500 for supplies
- Young Actors Workshop—$1,500 for audio equipment
- El Granada Education Fund—$1,500
- La Honda Volunteer Fire Brigade—$1,340
- No Strings Attached Breakfast—$1,000
- Coastside RotaCare Clinic—$1,000 for medical supplies and services
- Clean and Sober—$1,000
- Coastside Parents Nursery School—$1,000 for bilingual resources, cots and mats).
Additionally, $7,000 in college scholarship money will be awarded to Half Moon Bay High School students. The scholarships are named in memory of founding festival members Dolores Mullin, Patsy Dutra and Melvin Mello.