Lowest Coastside gasoline prices
Posted: 07 September 2006 05:22 PM
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  95
Joined  2004-10-05

I noticed a huge spread in gasoline prices on the Coastside.  I’d like to try something here, although I’m not quite sure how exactly this will work, since prices go up and down.  What I have in mind is that at any given time, the last post in this topic will have the location of the lowest gas price spotted on the Coastside.  If I recall correctly, the station at 92 & North Main (I’m having a brain freeze right now on the name) has Regular for $2.799.  I was surprised, since it’s usually lowest at More for Less at SR 1 & Kelly, although I didn’t go by there today so it may be even lower there.

I have way too many words above, but this post is the topic starter.  Followups would probably be best as simply “price, station name, station location.”

Posted: 08 September 2006 07:44 AM   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2005-09-09

this already exists:

http://sanfrangasprices.com/

“Search for Gas Prices” on lower left

I do not know who “Pedisurf” is, but they rock.

Posted: 08 September 2006 04:07 PM   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-05

Thanks for the pointer.  But I see a couple of problems:  1) They don’t have a location for El Granada, and the gas station in El Granada does sometimes have the lowest price.  I’ll have to looking into what’s involved in adding it.  2) Multiple searches are required to see all 9 (?) Coastside gas stations, although there may be a way to save a multiple selection search.

Posted: 08 September 2006 04:20 PM   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2005-09-09

Oh, I knew you would find problems with it.

Posted: 08 September 2006 04:34 PM   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-05

Funny.  I’m not saying they’re showstopper problems, and that site likely will still be preferable to my idea of having the topic here, and I really do appreciate your pointer to it.  But problems are problems, although I hope to be able to solve these two.

Why be content with something that’s less than optimum?  Any improvement to anything pretty much always happens due to those who aren’t satisfied with the way things are.  Anyone who just sits back and accepts “what is” isn’t taking responsibility for improvement.  OTOH, I try (not always successfully) to avoid stressing out over things that I can’t have any impact on.

New Chicken Joint? ››