Need recommendation for El Granada deck replacement construction
Posted: 01 November 2007 04:31 PM
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-09-21

I have 2 large elevated decks and stairs at my home on a slope that need to be replaced and I am looking for recommendations for a local contractor that is experienced in such projects.  New footings will have to be drilled and some concrete work will be involved too.  I would want to use Trex or similiar composite material for the decking surface, so experience or certification with those materials is also a must. 

Can anyone recommend someone who specializes in decks that they worked with in the past?

Thanks!

Posted: 05 November 2007 05:20 PM   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2005-08-18

Looking for the same thing… we’ve talked to a few people about replacing our deck, but haven’t yet found any that have significant experience working with composites.

Posted: 06 November 2007 06:50 AM   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-03-23

We had our two decks and entry stairs replaced this year with Weatherbest composite decking. Premier Termite and Construction out of Half Moon Bay did the work and we are very pleased with the quality of workmanship.

Posted: 07 December 2007 12:11 PM   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-04-08

We would be happy to—we are a general contractor.  (.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)).  We put up a large two level Weatherbest deck in our own back yard.  We have also installed Trex at several other clients.  Composite decks are touted as a lower maintenance product but are not maintenance free.  We have to powerwash ours at least once a year to get the mold/algae off.  (We do live very close to the beach.)  Trex now has a stain product for their decks.  (Mostly becasue in the hot climate areas they fade quickly.) http://www.trex.com/
I like our Weatherbest deck, but am stuck with it’s color for life.  Next time I would use wood.  Since you are on a slope, the deck foundation will have to be carefully calculated.  We can help—we have a Professional Engineer-Civil on staff.  Hope this helps.

‹‹ No UNICEF at Halloween?      Window Washer ››