Explosions Sunday morning (2/10)
Posted: 10 February 2008 12:04 PM
RankRank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2004-06-06

Any clue as to what the explosions, and myriad of sheriff activity was about this morning? I talked with a few folks from around town and everyone heard it. Unmarked cars, sheriff cars, and a few artifacts photographed on the Pacifica side of the Slide.

Posted: 10 February 2008 01:18 PM   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2005-03-08

I don’t know (and doubt) my response is related to the explosions.  I heard the same thing yesterday while hiking around Montara mountain, so possibly it’s related to the tunnel.  I do know that I saw a highway patrol and sheriff’s vehicle combing the side of Hwy 1 in Moss Beach.  Seems there were some home burglaries this morning and during the chase, the chasees were tossing articles out of the car along the highway, so the authorities were looking for evidence.  Now, I heard this second hand, so my facts are probably vague at best, but it helps to explain the activity.

Posted: 11 February 2008 09:48 AM   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2007-07-09

I don’t know about the expolisions, either, but the car chase? I was on the road at 6:30 am yesterday taking my son to work and we had to pull over three times between Miramar and HMB.  There was quite a commotion on Terrace and Highway 1.  Does anyone know what was going on?

Posted: 11 February 2008 06:02 PM   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2004-06-06

I’m thinking the explosions/rumble was tunnel work… coinciding with the burglaries/chase. I saw a sheriff holding a shotgun up, by the barrel… looking like it was an artifact/evidence. Figured the rumble wasn’t a shotgun, but clueless how the two would be interrelated.

Nothing to see here, folks. Move along. :)