Comcast Internet Service
Posted: 11 April 2008 11:08 AM
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-09-24

We live in the Miramar Beach area and have had brief outages multiple times a day. They started about a week ago and have gotten worse (about 6x/ day). We’ve contacted Comcast, which is an exercise in frustration.

Have you had similar problems this week?

Is there a better option than Comcast? I work from home most of the time and rely heavily on Internet access.

Thanks!

Posted: 18 April 2008 06:25 AM   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2006-08-16

This topic’s been well-covered is previous posts - sorry, don’t have the time to search back links to provide you with the info.  Some use antennas and independently channel their channels.  I dumped Comcast and got DirecTV and ATT DSL.  Haven’t had an outage yet and never have needed to call Customer Service for either. 

Oh, and there was an earlier thread which talked about ordering and scheduling your DirecTV install with Strawflower Electronics - as a means of using Local.  :)

I figured Comcast’s outages were due to wet weather back in the winter (when I dumped their service).  It’s kinda comforting to know that my service switch was wise as they’re still having outages during mild weather!

Posted: 08 May 2008 06:43 PM   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2008-05-05

Just a tidbit: we’ve used AT&T;, Comcast and a local internet provider in downtown HMB. None are perfect but I’d take a real good look at AT&T;, followed by maddening Comcast. Sadly, they’re really the best bets. If you do Comcast business, you can get a static IP. Not great but… AT&T;has much better offerings. Good luck!