Coastsider’s Civility Rule
Posted: 11 October 2006 09:36 PM
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  129
Joined  2006-06-03

Do you have any questions or comments about Coastsider’s Civilty Rule? You can raise them here.

Posted: 11 October 2006 09:41 PM   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  129
Joined  2006-06-03

I just removed a comment from the thread about gated communities because it attacked a poster who had made a couple of really valuable and informative contributions to the discussion, suggesting his motives for those contributions, as well as those of a couple of other participants were political or financial.  I’d be less concerned if it were a discussion of a political issue,  but it was out of place and generally unfriendly in the context of that discussion.

Posted: 11 October 2006 10:21 PM   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2005-09-11

Barry,

Thank you for having civility standards.  I did read a Pacfica discusion list, but dropped off after the flames and attacks took priority over issues. 

Kathryn

Posted: 11 October 2006 10:59 PM   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2004-06-30
Barry Parr - 12 October 2006 04:41 AM

I just removed a comment from the thread about about gated communities…

Well, that’s certainlly one way to get us checking back here more often so we don’t miss anything!

Having seen a comment on that thread earlier that is no longer there I will assume that’s the one that was removed. Didn’t strike me as being any more uncivil than other comments that remain on Townhall. However, I may be mistaken, may have read it incorrectly or be thinking of an entirely different comment or forum.

It’s certainly up to the gate keeper to keep out the riff-raff. Er, no pun intended… Well, maybe it was...

Posted: 12 October 2006 10:28 PM   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  111
Joined  2004-10-22

Barry,

My question has to do with those sweet little emoticons. If I use them, can I use stronger adjectives and adverbs to describe destructive people and activities I oppose? You know, those passages of mine you haven’t allowed on a number of occasions?

Rhetorical questions.

Carl May