Local Women Business Owners get togther for Project You!
Posted: 04 May 2009 07:15 PM
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2006-07-20

I have the pleasure of sponsoring a wonderful event called Project You:  Spa Day Extravaganza, which benefits the HEAL project (totally amazing program) and offers up an decadent spread of services for local moms, sisters, daughters, aunts, and girlfriends who need to be pampered for a day.

But the most rewarding thing about the project so far has been the generosity and enthusiasm of local women business owners who are participating.  Chrysanne of Abundance, will be there with no less than three of her employees to do skincare analysis and makeup application.  She’s donating an amazing lipstick brunch to our silent raffle and putting an extra special goodie in the goodie bags.  Karen, who has owned Main Street Hair Design since 1983 (!) is coming with one of her employees to do hair consultation.  We have three talented massage therapists donating their time (Sandra Scowen, Joan Madson, and Darla Donavan), a dream coach (Mary Botham), Melissa Castro photography will do glamour shots, Christina of Coastal Comforts will be making everyone smell lovely with goodies from her blending bar, Rhonda of Castellammare is setting up a chill-out space for us, Carol at Posh Moon is stuffing our goodie bags as well, and Kendyl of La Nebbia provided champagne.  And then there’s us, the main sponsors (Amy & Catherine of Studio 4 Pilates) and Natasha of L. Little Food Coaching.

Whew!  That is quite a star-studded lineup of local women business owners if I do say so myself!  All of us getting together during a challenging economy to do something fun for the community as well as for our own businesses is, well, pretty cool.  I am so proud to be a part of a great community of female entrepreneurs!

More info on Project You:  http://www.studio4pilates.com