Coastside Transportation Needs
Posted: 15 October 2006 07:23 PM
RankRank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2004-11-16

Hello fellow Coastsiders!

I’m involved in a local transportation collaborative and we’re about to launch a community survey to discuss transportation needs.  What better place than Town Hall to start a longer-term discussion.  So here is a place to give input, (I’ll make sure it is voiced to the collaborative) about what you want to see on the coast.  Do we need more local shuttles along the mid-coast to downtown?  A weekend touring route to take people to the hot surf-spots?  How about better connections over-the-hill to the airport, Cal-Trans, etc?  We all know that busing for school kids is an issue, so what’s the solution? How about a scenic bike path? We are truly interested in your input, so let us know what you think.

Posted: 15 October 2006 09:05 PM   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2005-10-02

I could get commuter checks from work and use the bus if there was a Sam Trans that left Hillsdale around 5-5:15.

Right now, I think the bus leaves at 4:30 (too early - means leaving work at 4), or 6 (too late to get home and make a good dinner).

Shift the 4:30 out about 45 min and I’d be on the bus reading!

Regarding the Pumpkin Festival, I’d really like to see alternate routes and shuttles from remote parking (east of 92/280) be considered to reduce congestion within town for locals during the October weekends. People on the road leaving town today were just plain rude and I can understand their frustration at the long wait to get out of town. They didn’t have to do that every day while Devil’s Slide was out!  :)