Free music class demos at Harmony Road is Moss Beach, Sept 6 to 17
Posted: 04 September 2011 03:34 PM
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  129
Joined  2006-06-03

[Posted on behalf of Kitty Rea at Harmony Road Music]

Here’s a link is a list of free demo classes being offered September 6 - 9 at Ms. Kitty’s Harmony Road is Moss Beach:  http://www.harmonyroad.us/#demo

More free demos the following week too from September 12-17. Info on that below.

This week it’s a cappella for middle and high school students, early childhood music class, piano classes for beginners kindergarten through 5th grade and a cappella classes for grades 5 to 12.

Here are some more details:

Early childhood:

Marty Hoffman (Hatch Elementary 4th & 5th grader teacher) is doing a couple of the toddler and preschool classes. She taught at El Granada for 8 years, has been at Hatch for 5 and has been teaching forever at The Music School in San Mateo. She’s Orff certified and loves African drumming.

I teach the rest of the early childhood classes. We have Toddler Tunes for ages 1.5 to 3 year; The Music in Me for ages 3 to 5 years; and a brand new program Kids’ MusicRound that is specially designed for a multi-age group of newborns to 5-year-olds. We have morning, early afternoon, evening and Saturday classes.

Piano classes:

I’m teaching all of these for now. Some will be in Half Moon Bay and others in Moss Beach. For working parents of very perky kindergarten kids, we’re doing an 8:15am class in Moss Beach. I figure that age never sleeps in—so you may as well get up and make some music together.

A Cappella:

Krista Enos is best known locally as a teacher at Gymtowne. But in her spare time she’s in an award-winning a cappella group called Solstice. She’s starting two a cappella classes on Fridays: 5th to 9th graders and 9th to 12th graders.

September 12-17:

There are so may new teachers and instruments that I had to spread it out over two weeks of demos. For the following week we’ll have demo classes for beginners in:

Voice—classes for youth, teens and adults
Ukulele
Trumpet/cornet
Trombone/Baritone Bass Clef/Tuba
Flute
Clarinet/Saxophone
Guitar
Electric Bass
Drums

Instructors have degrees in music and years of professional playing and teaching experience—sometimes all in the same package.

In addition to the classes we offer private and duet lessons. Here’s the list of faculty:

Piano—Kitty Rea, Carolyn Larsen, Lisa Spector, Shauna Pickett-Gordon

Voice—Carolyn Larsen, Krista Enos, Shauna Picket-Gordon

Brass—Stephen Beckner (trumpet, flugelhorn, cornet), Franklin Davis (trumpet, baritone, trombone, tuba, French horn)

Woodwinds—Howard Cespedes (flute, piccolo, saxophone, clarinet), Dave Cannaday (saxophone), Marty Hoffman (recorder)

Strings—Dave Cannaday (guitar, electric guitar, electric bass), Patrick O’Connell (classical guitar), Colyn Fischer (violin, viola, Scottish fiddling, cello, double bass), Carolyn Larsen (ukulele)

Percussion—Darin Dacey (drum kit, mallets, marching, hand percussion)