Doggie Poo Poo
Posted: 30 January 2007 10:06 AM
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2006-04-10

I have had it with people who have such disrespect for other humans when it comes to their doggies. Why can’t you clean up your poo poo when you walk on my sidewalk? Now you, the reader, probably don’t think this applies to you, but your teenager that walks your little pup is letting it poo on my sidewalk and when I get out of the car and it is there, I don’t always see it…until I smell it. On my foot. And then I have to clean my own tracks and endure the smell.

Perhaps if your teen cut their hair so they could see that the dog took a poo, and perhaps turned down the ipod for a minute, they could take out a bag and clean it up. If your kid is walking a dog, they should be responsible enough to clean up after it.

I am not cleaning the next poo. I am going to save it for you.

-GraceAnn Stewart

Posted: 30 January 2007 12:40 PM   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2006-05-20

I just read Graceann’s comments on irresponsible dog owners.  I, too, am fed up with dog owners who don’t obey leash laws and let their dogs run out of the house and do their business on other people’s property.  I’ve even seen those same dogs almost get hit while running across the street.  I’ve talked to the owner, and nothing gets changed.  It causes rifts among neighbors, but the irresponsible dog owner doesn’t seem to care.  I can’t go outside to work in my yard without smelling the dog doo that the dog owners next door don’t pick up.  I think something needs to be done about the irresponsibility.  Rebecca Newllin

Posted: 31 January 2007 06:24 AM   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2005-07-28

I am a dog owner and this, too, irks me.  It only takes one disrespectful dog owner to ruin it for the rest of us.  It’s one of the reasons I cannot take my dog to most public park in California!!  I often run into people on the coastal trail with their dogs and I see them letting them poop, with no baggie in sight.  That’s when I holler out, “Hey!  Do you need a bag??”  They usually just give me a blank look and I just walk over and hand them one.  Just know, it isn’t all of us, just a rotten few.

Posted: 03 February 2007 04:43 PM   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2006-04-10

What a great day for me…I actually caught the teenage boy in action. I was talking with a neighbor while the teenage boy walked his dog on my sidewalk and it poo poo’d right in the same spot as the poo from the other day. It must like that spot on my sidewalk. Well, I was thrilled to see that the boy had a PLASTIC BAG IN HIS HAND!!! So I carried on my conversation with my neighbor. When I got to my sidewalk - THE FRESH POO WAS STILL THERE! He DID NOT pick it up! What’s the point of the bag? Had I not been eight months pregnant I would have chased him down the street and rubbed his nose in it.

So I bagged it and walked to his house. When I rang the bell, the dog was the first one at the door, then his mom. I told her that I was relieved to not have stepped in it but this cannot happen anymore. She agreed and was sorry. She seemed reasonable about the whole thing so I am happy about that.

Now I have to wash the sidewalk yet again…to get the remnants off since I am not such a great poo picker-upper. I hope this will be the end of this! At least the mom was nice, unlike some others I have run into over these issues.

-GraceAnn