CEF endowment seeking Coastsiders to help allocate its funds
The board of directors of Cabrillo Education Foundation (CEF) is seeking applicants to serve as members of the CEF Allocation Committee beginning April 2011.
The Allocation Committee will be a body composed of no more than 11 citizens, including the CEF Executive Director, and up to 4 non-Board members. The Allocation Committee will be tasked with making recommendations to the Board and to oversee and lead the process of allocating funds on behalf of the Board consistent with the allocation principles of CEF.
The Allocation Committee is to be comprised of qualified men, women and students ( 17 years and older) of diverse social-economic, ethnic, educational backgrounds representing all geographical areas included within the Cabrillo Unified School District Boundary.
Each year, the Board shall appoint/confirm a chairperson (Chair) or authorize the Committee to elect a Chair. All members on the Committee will serve at least one, one-year term at the discretion of the Chair. Up to 2/3 of the members of the previous year’s committee may serve multiple terms to provide continuity.
The Allocation Committee is scheduled to meet quarterly during the course of the year. Additional meetings may be scheduled as called by the Chair.
The Committee shall:
- Develop a process for allocation of endowment proceeds to the schools for maximum strategic benefit.
- Maintain a clear statement of direction and guidance for the funds with Board approval.
- Create an ongoing process for collecting input from teachers, parents, experts, research, district members etc. for continuing ideas, insights and background as to where funds may make the largest ongoing impact.
- Make an annual recommendation to the Board for specific directed allocation of the endowment proceeds
- Recommend oversight and communication processes to the Board following the allocation of directed funds
Citizens who reside within the Cabrillo Unified School District Boundary who are interested in participating on the Endowment Fund Allocation Committee are encouraged to apply. All applications need to be received by April 16, 2011. Please forward a brief letter of interest with your name, address and basic resume or background to:
Vice President - The Endowment Fund
The Cabrillo Education Foundation
P.O. BOX 354
Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
For more information, please feel free to contact Melissa Rey via email at [email protected]