Entrance/exit to Kehoe Ave
Posted: 15 December 2006 04:21 PM
RankRank
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2005-06-06

This is about road conditions specifically the entrance to Kehoe Ave Casa del Mar neighborhood . The entrance needs its lines painted badly hard to see especially when there is a car in the entrance/exit waiting to get onto Hiway 1. Its narrow to begin with & has ditchs on both sides at night & raining you tend to want to drive into the ditchs to avoid the car in the entrance/exit & the glare of lights coming at you makes it worse. Been using this entrace/exit since 6/69 & now that i am older its worse for me & other oldsters.
HMB ROADS DEPT PLEASE HELP & REPAINT this entrance/exit especially the ditch edges.

Posted: 16 December 2006 11:42 AM   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2005-09-11

I believe access/egress for this neighborhood would also be improved by the entire package of safety improvements at Terrace.  When I moved to HMB in 1978 entry onto Highway 1 from casa Del Mar was a problem. 

I think the question for that section of Highway 1 is not if the entire package of safety improvements is needed, but when it will be put in and who will pay for it.  Right now Ailanto must do it as part of its agreement with the City and Coastal Commission.  If it is postponed it will not only cost more, but HMB will need to pay the multiple millions that it will cost.

Posted: 19 December 2006 07:27 PM   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2005-06-06

Ms. Slater-Carter I agree with you construction costs only go UP the longer we wait. It,s a shame to waste the Ailanto money & have it come out of taxpayers pockets instead. Please read my other post about new homes in ones neighborhood. And about the traffic light at Terrace. No one wants to see new homes going up they did in my neighborhood & no one cared.