Motorcycles
Posted: 20 August 2007 05:39 PM
Rank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2006-04-23

So aggressive drivers, skateboarders and now motorcyclists. Why do motorcyclists think it’s their right to use residential streets as their race track? Driving up Isabella in El Granada with my children in the back seat, I was passed by a motorcycle going about 60mph—I put my hand out to signal him not to pass and slow down but was ignored. I then saw him over on Avenue Alhambra racing down the street doing wheelies! Where are the police?

I’d also like to know who the kids are who think it’s their God given right to drive up residential streets late at night racing their motorcycle engines or blasting the bass on their stereos so loudly it shakes the inside of my house.

I’m sounding a real curmudgeon, I suppose, but where is the common sense and respect for neighbors? It makes me wonder about the parents of these kids.

Posted: 21 August 2007 09:30 AM   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2005-06-06

Brian you are not the only one. In the Casa del Mar, area St. John, St Joseph we have unlicensed dirt bikes, small motobikes, off road 4 wheelers with very noisy mufflers racing up & down our streets. I for one dont want to see any of our neighbors hurt by these guys racing around & around disturbing our neighborhood peace & quiet. Wish the police would ticket & confiscate their noisy vehicles.

Posted: 23 August 2007 06:12 PM   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2005-05-25

Okay, I’ll join the curmudgeon brigade. :D Maybe we should start setting booby traps…

Honestly, if I saw someone going 60 mph and popping wheelies, I’d report it. I’m occasionally annoyed by dirt bikes around here but nothing like what you’ve described. Maybe I don’t live on the right street. I’m missing all the “fun”.

As for wondering about the parents… I doubt many of them are aware. I know that when I was out sowing my wild oats (and blasting my boyfriend’s car stereo) it sure wasn’t in my own backyard. Maybe part of the problem is that there just isn’t all that much out here for teens to do. If they can’t get a ride over the hill they’re pretty much doomed to popping wheelies on Avenue Alhambra. But regarding adults on unlicensed dirt bikes? There’s just no excuse.