What’s your favorite pumpkin patch?
Posted: 07 October 2007 03:41 PM
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  129
Joined  2006-06-03

We don’t have a lot of culture here on the Coastside, but we do have some great pumpkin patches.

Where does your family buy their pumpkins and why?

Posted: 07 October 2007 07:42 PM   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2006-04-10

We go to Farmer Johns. He has a lot of different varieties and explains where they come from and all the details of every pumpkin. We usually go home with 60+ pumpkins. We also buy our plain orange ones from Safeway and pick up the minis at the Pumpkin Run (race) which we give as favors at our Halloween party.

I do take a trip to Lemos Farm for the fun/haunted house there once a year and if they would bring back that elephant, I’d go back to do that as well. I am glad I had the opportunity to ride an elephant when I first moved here. We have some great pics of that.

-GraceAnn

Posted: 08 October 2007 11:43 AM   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2005-03-23

We go to Farmer John’s Pumpkins for the most part. He has great eating-pumpkins for making pies and he’s really nice to the kids. His wife gives great advice for cooking the various varieties.  I also like supporting someone who is serving our community on the city council.

One year we decided we needed one of his pie pumpkins after Halloween and he had already closed up his shop. I called him on the phone and he told me to just go in, get what I wanted and leave a couple dollars stuck in the door of his shop. He saved my bacon because that second pumpkin was supposed to go to my mother-in-law and I had forgotten to buy it before Halloween. They sell a pumpkin called a cherry blossom or apple blossom or something like that, it makes a fantastic pie.

We used to go to Arrata’s but then they started charging for more and more so we stopped going there.

The kids like Little Creek Pumpkins, over on Verde Road, which they’ve gone to with their preschool. They have a good petting area and hay pyramid to climb on and plenty of room to run wild.

Posted: 09 October 2007 06:42 AM   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2004-10-15

The best, in our opinion,  is Dominic Muzzi’s farm—go east on 84 a little ways past the San Gregorio General Store. Farm is on the right. Fantastic strawberries,  hard to solve corn maze, stacked hay bales for kids to climb, and of course pumpkins. But the stunning scenery is the best part.

Posted: 01 November 2007 11:32 AM   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2007-07-09

My favs are the Pumpkin Depot and the Farmers Daughter
Can never pick between the two…gotta go to both places