Sign Posts
Posted: 16 November 2007 10:58 AM
RankRank
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2005-06-06

Anyone have any idea what the numerous sign posts are for along the frontage road [Magri’s road for you old timers] by Casa del Mar & the Lutheran church ? The sign part of the posts are covered with garbage bags.

Posted: 17 November 2007 09:52 AM   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2005-07-28

I believe they are the new Tsunami Warning signs.  This amuses me because would anyone be confused about which direction to go, should there be a tsunami warning?

Posted: 17 November 2007 10:53 AM   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-06-06

Thanks Kath thats what i was afraid they were. I would like to thank the Great White Father for watching over me again. I always thought if there was a tsunami warning i would head for the ocean for a swim instead of inland, now thanks to great white father i know which way to go.  I will have to be careful as i hobble inland not to crash into the numerous tsunami signs. Glad to see my tax cal trans dollars @ work. The signs will add value to my home when sell it as i can tell the potential buyer he may have ocean front property if he buys. A suggestion for the next protect me sign is: ” Meteor Zone” ” In case of Meteor Strike place head on hands & run around in circles”. 
Chicken littles of the world unite!.

Posted: 17 November 2007 06:25 PM   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-06-06

More on the sign posts. Cal Trans or whoever must have hit a sign sale @ Signs R Us, i counted [i need a life if thats all i got to do] 22 count em, 22 sign posts between the north entrance/exit & the south on the frontage [Magris] road. There are only 3 entrance/exits you would think 1 sign @ each entrance/exit for a total of 3 would suffice.  But what the heck kept post diggers @ work & my tax dollars down the drain. One sign is even in the trees north of the mid entrance/exit. Hope “they” dont find out where i live there will be a sign in middle of my drveway. Thanks again for your protection Great White Father.  Hope your not the same one that protected ha ha our american indians.

Posted: 19 November 2007 11:26 PM   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  95
Joined  2004-10-05

Aren’t the covered signs the “no parking on median signs”?  If so, I’m curious why they have been covered.

I’m pretty sure that there are aren’t going to be more than a handful of tsunami evacuation route signs.  There’s one at the exit from Princeton harbor that makes sense to me, because if you turn left out of the harbor you’ll get away from the inundation zone and if you turn right out of the harbor you won’t.  Many visitors might not know that, and even some normally smart people might get caught up in a mass panic.  Sam, even if you don’t think stupid people should be coddled, doesn’t it make sense to point everyone in the same direction just to avoid a mess?

Posted: 20 November 2007 06:12 AM   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2005-07-28

I think one of us needs to “peek” under the plastic and see what the signs are really about!!!  Maybe after dark??

Posted: 20 November 2007 09:33 AM   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-06-06

They may be waiting for a tsunami to remove the plastic garbage bags off the signs so i we can read them as we float by. I also kinda thought the 22 signs might be ’ no parking on median’ they may be our Xmas present, dont unveil till Xmas day.

Posted: 27 November 2007 11:26 AM   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2007-07-09

I believe they are the “NO PARKING” signs and maybe the city does not have the correct permit yet but once they get that permit the bags will come off. Sort of what happened by Kelly State Beach parking areas.

Posted: 04 December 2007 09:59 AM   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2006-12-28

The new sign posts are an added visual insult. Who decides what signs go up and where? Once you notice them you’ll see that every sign for anything has its own post. One for a sponsored cleanup, one for the name, one for this and one for that. What’s the limit?
Highway One, or a lot of it, is truly beautiful and draws travelers from all over the world to our little corner. I think the views from the highway deserve to be enhanced and protected, not cluttered with an unplanned array of chatter.

‹‹ Window Washer      Tsunami Signs in Montara ››