Shuttle Service for Genentech Employees
Posted: 09 September 2006 09:27 PM
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  61
Joined  2005-09-10

Are you a Genentech Employee? Did you realize that during the Devil’s Slide closure they offered shuttle service from South City to the Coastside—and now are willing to continue the service if there is enough interest from Coastside employees?

My wife uses this services and finds it very valuable. She can read, work, read, or chat with co-workers and friends on the ride rather than listen to dumb radio jocks. Good for the environment, too.

A great service, but it won’t last if there aren’t enough riders!

Schedule:

Coastside pick-ups (The Half Moon Bay / Pacifica Schedule):

7:00 am at Straw Flower Park & Ride
7:15 am at Pillar Point Harbor (lot C)
7:30 am at Linda Mar Park & Ride

Approximate arrival times:

B83 at 7:55 am
B24 at 8:02 am
B4 at 8:09 am.

Afternoon bus departure times:

B24 at 5:15 pm
B4 at 5:16 pm
B83 at 5:22 pm

Coastside return times:

Linda Mar Park & Ride at 5:47 pm
Pillar Point Harbor at 6:02 pm
Straw Flower at 6:17 pm

Posted: 11 September 2006 01:19 AM   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-06-20

Darin,

My wife also a Genentech Emp. took the shuttle often during the slide closure. She would like to take it now but living South of 92 her stop is first on and last off and it takes almost an extra hour vs. driving. She said she had spoken to the people who set up the schedule and asked if they would reverse the route so it would be first on first off or last on last off and was told no because the bus did not want to risk a problem on 92. Till this changes she will drive and have a 10 hour day vs almost 12..

-Matt

Posted: 14 September 2006 05:59 PM   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-10

Hi Matt,

Have you actually timed that—the two hour difference, round trip?  The reason I ask is that it is surprising…

Our experience is that the shuttle adds only a little time due to drop-off/pick up—it drives as fast as traffic, after all. Moreover, my own experience is that going via 92 is generally slower and highly variable.

Has your wife considered driving up to Linda Mar and getting on the shuttle there? That would save waiting needlessly at two stops both there and back.

That’s what my wife does and it is a very nice system.

—Darin

Posted: 21 September 2006 12:45 PM   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-10

The free shuttle service from the coast to Genentech has been terminated due to having too few riders. Its last day will be October 4th.

—Darin