County mails replacement ballots and instructions to Coastsiders
The county elections office has sent a replacement ballot and instuctions to voters on the Midcoast who did not receive their mail-in ballots because they were misaddressed by the county.
All ballots, including replacement ballots, must be received by the county before the polls close at 8pm on Tuesday, June 8.
You can read the letter after the jump.
Dear First Last:
I am writing today on an important election matter and I am asking that you take just a minute or two to read this important material.
It has come to our attention that you did not receive your June Gubernatorial Primary Election ballot because of an addressing error. We apologize for that error and we are sending you a replacement ballot in a separate packet via first class mail on June 4.
Since time is short, we have enclosed a pre-paid USPS overnight mail return envelope in the replacement ballot packet if you wish to vote by mail. The Elections Office must receive your ballot by 8 p.m. on Election Day, June 8, 2010, in order to be counted.
There are a number of other voting options available to you. You may:
1. Drop off your voted ballot at any City Hall during regular weekday business hours;
2. Drop off your voted ballot at one of our Voting Centers listed below:
- San Mateo County Elections Office
- San Mateo County Assessor- Clerk-Recorder’s Office 40 Tower Road, San Mateo, 94402 555 County Center, 1st Floor, Redwood City, 94063
Fri., June 4 8 am – 5 pm
Sat. June 5 10 am – 3 pm
Mon. June 7 8 am – 5 pm
Tue. June 8 7 am – 8 pm
3. Drop off your voted ballot at Coastside Fire Station #41 this weekend at 531 Obispo Road from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, June 5 or Sunday, June 6;
4. Drop off your voted ballot on Election Day at any polling place in the county from 7 a.m. – 8 p.m.; or
5. Mail your voted ballot using the enclosed USPS Express envelope at a post office no later than
4 p.m., June 7, 2010 (to reach the Elections Office the following day before the 8 p.m. deadline).
6. If for some reason your replacement ballot packet does not arrive, please go to one of the polling places in El Granada and vote a provisional ballot in person on Election Day between 7 a.m. and
- Granada Sanitary District, 504 Avenue Alhambra
- El Granada School, 400 Santiago Street
Thank you for your prompt attention to this important election matter. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email Melinda Dubroff at [email protected] or call (650) 312-5390. Again, we apologize for this error and any inconvenience that it may cause.