Hands Across the Sands at Montara Beach, Saturday
I’m reaching out to you all as I know you care about the coast and the environment, particularly the recent horrific spill in the gulf.
What can we do to help the Gulf? Stand in the Sand with "Hands Across the Sand" against off shore drilling and for clean energy!
I want to invite you all to join the Montara Beach Coalition and the Pacifica Beach Coalition at Montara Beach on June 26th at 11.00am to join hands across the sands.
Lynn Adams of the Pacifica Beach Coalition, and myself Kevin Stokes of the Montara Beach Coalition decided to join forces and concentrate our effects on one beach for the ‘Hands Across The Sand’ gathering to oppose off shore oil drilling.
We hope to form as long a line as possible on Montara Beach, the more people the better! The plan is simple:
- Arrive at Montara State Beach (South end) on June 26 at 11 AM,
- if arriving by car (we encourage you to walk or bike) use the parking lots either side of ‘La Costanera’ restaurant.
- Gather on the South part beach
- Form lines in the sand and at 12:00, then join hands.
- The image is powerful, the message is simple. NO to Offshore Oil Drilling, YES to Clean Energy!
- Why Montara Beach?
- The vantage place for photos there is incredible!
- Montara Beach is one mile long and easily accessible
- To make one event bigger and better than two separate events in Pacifica and Montara
Please tell everyone you can about this event, forward this email, Tweet, Blog and use Facebook to link to the Montara Beach events page.
We are looking for photographic and video recordings of this event, if you can help please contact Kevin. If you need any questions answered please send me an email at the address below. I look forward to seeing you at the event, please tell all your friends!
Kevin & Wendy
Montara Beach Coalition
Protect, Preserve, Enjoy