Midcoast Parks & Recreation Committee meeting, Monday
The Midcoast Parks & Recreation Committee will meet Monday night February 2 from 7 to 8:30pm at the Harbor House, 346 Princeton Ave, in Princeton [Google map] to discuss ten objectives:
- Coastal Trail: Completion from Mirada Surf, through Princeton, to the Pillar Point Bluff segment of the Trail.
- Mirada Surf West: Vault toilet on the Mirada Surf West portion of the coastal trail.
- Pillar Point: Replace old porta-potty with new vault toilet.
- Recreation Programs: The Midcoast should support and actively contribute to the Half Moon Bay Parks and Recreation department program framework.
- Moss Beach Park: Establish a restroom facility and drinking fountain at Moss Beach Park. Create a go ahead plan that resolves the water issue.
- Farallone View School Playfield: implement the renovation project.
- Playfield Planning: Do preliminary planning to expand recreation resources adjacent to the school playfields.
- Highway 1 Corridor South: This region extends from Miramar to the south edge of the airport. A grant has been approved to develop a plan for highway crossings and trail alignment (including a bicycle commuter trail).
- Highway 1 Corridor North: Seek similar (see #8) grant for the northern corridor extending from the airport to the new tunnel.
- Governance: Provide Midcoast citizens with information regarding various parks and recreation governance options. Provide an assessment of public response to governance options to determine the preferred option