Big Wave story poles up; Next hearing Weds, Oct 27
CORRECTION: An earlier version of this story had in incorrect date for the meeting.
The story poles for some of the Big Wave buildings have gone up in advance of next Wednesday’s hearing on the Final Environmental Impact report. Lisa Ketcham photographed the the structures and enhanced them to make the more visible in these photos. Lisa says, "The middle 4 office buildings are represented by tape laid out on the ground. There’s no indication of the other sections of Wellness Center."
FEIR hearing on Big Wave: Oct 27, 6 p.m. at El Granada School.
Lennie Roberts of the Committee for Green Foothills sent us the following update on Wednesday’s hearing:
The hearing on October 27 is not just on the FEIR but also the Planning Commission will be considering approval of the entire project - other necessary actions to approve include:
- Use Permit for the developmentally disabled adult housing that they have to call a "sanitarium" because housing is not an allowable use in the Waterfront Zoning District
- Major Subdivision for the Office Park (into 10 parcels)
- Coastal Development Permit for 8 Office Park buildings with 640 parking spaces, 2 Wellness Center buildings with 50 parking spaces, a mutual water service company, and a community wastewater treatment and recycling system
- Design Review Permit for the structures and grading
- Off-Street Parking Exception to allow 640 parking spaces where 737 are required
- Grading Permit for 26,000 cubic yards
- Development Agreement that allows the applicants 20 years to complete the project