Strange bills at Red Ginger
Posted: 15 November 2006 09:00 AM
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-03-23

I’m not trying to slam anyone, and I don’t want to start something negative, but I’m curious about something. 

I’ve been to Red Ginger about 8 or 10 times now.  At least 6 of those times, when we’re ready to pay the bill, the total shows an extra beer (usually Guinness) and often an extra cocktail. 

Of course, when I point it out, they quickly fix it and bring me a corrected bill.

I’m just curious whether anyone else has had this happen to them?  I’m assuming I’m just the victim of bad luck and coincidence, but thought I’d ask.

Again, I’m not accusing anyone of anything, and I’ll continue to eat there occasionally.  I just thought this was strange and wanted to see if I’m the only one with this problem.

Posted: 15 November 2006 09:37 AM   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  129
Joined  2006-06-03

I haven’t noticed that, but for the first few months, well after you’d expect it to be an issue, the service was a little rough.  Friendly and dedicated, but also prone to making mistakes. This was a consistent theme for some time, although the last time we went there, everything was fine.

Posted: 07 February 2007 09:44 PM   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2004-11-25

We saw in the HMB review magazine that it closed last month. This is the first we’d heard of it - and we drive by there regularly, not having noticed a closure.

Any more info?

Posted: 08 February 2007 10:30 AM   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2006-09-21

We ate there many times and we never had that problem. Service was a little spotty at the very beginning, but it becamse consistently better as the staff learned the drill. We consistently felt like everyone there was trying hard to make it work, and we’re sorry to see it has closed.

Posted: 08 February 2007 10:38 AM   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  129
Joined  2006-06-03

It’s pretty depressing.  Red Ginger was packed every night early on.  The food was great and even when the service was off, I always enjoyed the experience.

Posted: 08 February 2007 04:30 PM   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2006-10-09

The food was really good—I used to go for take out once in a while.  Great food, really nice wait-staff.  And if you stayed, the ambience was really great.

‹‹ 2-inch hitch on the Coast?      Echo Hunter ››